Friday, August 8, 2008

Last days of summerd

Alright, So I have had a number of people tell me they miss my blog updates. I hope you know that our lives really are not that interesting. We are doing exactly what everyone else is doing right now, counting down the last few days of summer. I do have to admit that leaving for almost 4 weeks has left me with an unfulled feeling about summer. By this time I am usually settling down to the idea of school, fall leaves, shorter days, etc, but not this year. I was shopping with Robin yesterday for a new watch and she couldn't make up her mind. I told her we could keep looking it was still 5 weeks until school started. She looked at me and said, "5" with that tone only a child who is completely dismayed can use. To this I said, "4" questioningly. The response this time was, " 2 mom, there are only 2 weeks left." Okay, in my mind I am planning on 5 I guess.

Last Sunday we did Sharing time in Primary. I made look alike costumes for Ethan, Jacob, Robin, and Cameron. I know that most of those children will never see that pageant, so I brought the pageant to them. We talked about our experiences and characters. We ended with the Song of Cumorah. Now if any of you know that song, you know that Cameron is likely the only person in our family that has a prayer of hitting the high A flat. We told them it sounds a ton better with 700 other cast members at 11 pm.

2 comments:

Deborah said...

Yea, you're blogging again! I am the one with 4 more weeks until school begins.

Jen said...

And I'm the one that is saying, "Summer? Is it still summer?" To me it feels like winter in Rochester, all cooped up with nowhere to take the Littles. I told Ren today that I was going to hang swings in the basement!