Monday, August 11, 2008

two weeks and counting

It is not cool to have your mother taking pictures as you head off to scout camp at the age of 14,15 or 17 for that matter. So, there is no proof that they actually left. All the boys are gone this week except Cameron. Clark leaves tomorrow and will come home on Thursday night with Ethan (Band Camp Friday). Hopefully they come back happy (and tired).

As per my usual, I said this morning to Robin and Cameron, "School starts in 2 weeks (yes, I got it right) how about we look at those summer reading programs." This was met with lots of groaning as you can imagine. Robin did show me that she had been working on hers before the summer trip. Cameron needs to read 10 hours before school starts. Hmmm, this might prove to be a challenge since he reads about 10-15 minutes at a time.

The triathlon is in 3 1/2 weeks. I am amazed at how often I feel out of shape while training for this thing. Today we biked for 10 miles (I fell over on my bike while clipped into the pedals) then ran 4 miles. The whole time I keep telling myself that 10 pounds would really make a difference. Then I come home and eat. Tomorrow the plan is to swim for an hour. It sounds like a long time, but when you take breaks as often as I do I am not sure it even counts as exercise.

1 comment:

Jen said...

You fell over on your bike? Ouch! Keep going, you can do it! I want a picture when you finish the triathalon.