Friday, September 26, 2008

How high can you count

It has come to my attention that I do not always motivate those who hear of my exercise adventures into exercising themselves. So, let me inspire you with this latest installment of my learning to swim. I can NOT count. I usual swim with my friend Jeanne who is very good at counting and will tell me when we are done. Today I swam alone. As I swam back and forth I decided to try to swim a mile. That is 73 lengths. I should have known better. It should have taken me 50-55 minutes. I hadn't really thought that through. That is a really long time to swim and keep track of lengths. When I finished what I thought was my 73 time I stopped and looked at the clock. I don't get swim clocks, why can't they put the hour hand on them? The clock said 5 minutes to something. I'm thinking it better be 10, other wise I have been swimming a really long time. Oh, by the way, I am the only one left in the pool at this point. I get out of the pool and figure out it is 11:00! I swam for 1 hour and 20 minutes! I won't tell you that I am worried about being able to lift my arms tomorrow morning because that might make you not want to try swimming.

I think I can still smell pool water.

4 comments:

Diana said...

Awsome swim That's great. Hope all is well on your side of the mountain.

Jen said...

Holy Cow! You swam for an hour and 20 minutes?!!! You are going to be in amazing shape!!!!! Good for you.

Deborah said...

Wow, what an awesome swimmer you must be! So caught up in the enjoyment of the sport you completely lose track of time.

Heather said...

WOW LAURIE. ummm nope I am not swimming with you in July..i will just count