Wednesday, September 17, 2008

sounds of fall

Well, the leaves are turning, the nights are cool and the homework is piling up, that can only mean one thing...Marching band season is here. Last night was parent preview and wouldn't you know it, I forgot the camera. I guess it really doesn't matter since they all look alike and I can rarely find Ethan in the mix (what kind of mother am I). He has several more performances and we will try really hard to get a shot of him in his band outfit this year.

Jacob brought home "the farting bed post" this week. Some of you might know what that is, I certainly did not. It is the Bassoon. His band teacher apparently is desperate and begged Jacob to give it a try. He is excited to try something new, and as long as I don't have to pay for him to play it, we're all good. I guess I'll take his oboe in and get it tuned up in the mean time.

School marches on. Cameron has made it 2, count them 2 days (just this week) with out crying before, during or after I drop him off at school. I am absolutely sure he is a payback child with a little bit of "mothers curse" added just for good measure. The other night he woke me up twice just to make sure I was still there. Hmmm, where else would I be at 12:15 am and 3:39 am!

On another note, meaning lets talk about me, I have successfully learned to flip turn in the pool with having minimal water up my nose. Of course when I do take on water I am sure I am causing brain damage. At least that's what the pain in my forehead would lead me to believe.

4 comments:

Deborah said...

You are very funny. Poor Cameron--he sounds totally stressed out to be checking on you in the middle of the night. What kind of abandonment issues is he dealing with? Is it from pageant when you left him with all those strangers?;)

Heather said...

Brain damage is why I can't do a tri.

tape a band thing so we can hear the show

Jen said...

I personally LOVE the bassoon (and my boys would love that they're calling it a farting bedpost!) My friend is trying to get me train to do a triathalon. Maybe you should email her and tell her what a bad runner I am, let alone swimmer! I'm so impressed you're still doing it!

Jared and Brielle Rucks said...

LAURIE! im trying to figure this blog thing out. by the way, my teacher for my Literacy Class looks and talks exactly like you... everytime i walk into class, i think its you! weird.